Saturday, June 25, 2011

Murph again

So to celebrate the summer solstice Crossfit Rise had Murph this morning followed by a BBQ. This was a lot of people's first time doing Murph, so I felt like an old salt having done it first three years ago (about 68 min without a vest), then a few months later (65:29 without vest), then two years ago (69:51 without vest), and later that year (80:23 with vest), and I did it on First Friday at CFOT a couple of months ago (can't find the time, but I think it was a little over an hour, with vest)

So this was my sixth time doing Murph, and I was definitely the last person to finish again. I have the time as 57:30, but I think that's wrong (they turned off the clock before I finished, ugh) Obviously if that was my time that's a nice PR, but there is also the thought that I was something like 72:XX. Perhaps I should work on a sub 45 Murph sans vest. I'm not sure, but I guess that's the way I should go.

It can be humbling to see people do Murph for the first time ever and get it done in 45 minutes, while you've been working on it for over three years and still do it in 1.5 times as long.

Push ups are definitely my weakness, but given what Bobby told me about my triceps being all kinds of locked up, perhaps I can start seeing some improvement. I did do pretty much every pull up and squat set unbroken, my shoulders were just shot when it came to the push-ups.

So here's to the seventh Murph, may it be under an hour!

No comments: