Thursday, June 17, 2010

Deadlifts

So this workout was 2 deadlifts per 2:30 for 7 rounds

I started out at 275. I figured that was a light weight for me and I didn't want to hurt my back. I still feel like I have a lot to learn on this lift, and now that I'm figuring out how to engage my core it's still relatively weak to everything else.

After the 4th round, it became apparent that 275 was still too much weight for my core. I backed it down to 265, then 245. I had a lot of issues keeping my knees out of the way while standing up. I then had issues with keeping core tension. I didn't hurt my back, but I could feel it tighten up a lot.

during the break for a few rounds I did some foam rolling, but I just haven't really figured out this lift yet. Sometimes I feel like I've taken a few steps back with regards to technique with my lifts, but I have to keep reminding myself that since I've figure out how to flex my abs I need to re-learn everything. I had gone as far as I could go with tight hip flexors and unengaged abs. Sure I could deadlift 365 twice, but I did it with horrible technique. Now that I have looser hip flexors and tighter abs, the learning curve has steepened up again.

No comments: