Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back squat ing with chains 3 rep

Ok so after the bench press club meeting I decided to stick around for the 9:15 class, which was back squatting again:

Find your 3 rep Back Squat max with 80# of chains

So this went pretty smoothly. I kept upping the weight, and I kept hitting it. I wasn't going as far down as I feel like I should, which means I'm hitting it just right. It really was difficult for me to keep my knees out, it felt like I was really fighting myself.

I eventually got up to 225, and when I tried 245 I couldn't do even one. ...As I write that out I realize what kind of jump that was, next time I need to just add 10 total or something.

Then Danya noticed I was using the 33# bar.

Kind of embarrassed that I didn't figure this out. I kept looking at the bar and wondering why it only had one ringlet. Never entered my mind that it could be a 33# bar. So anyways, my real weight was 213. Still not bad, and to be honest I think I pushed myself pretty good today.

No comments: