Friday, August 3, 2012

Third PRP treatment. Final Treatment???


So I saw Dr. Hauser for-*crosses fingers*- my last visit.  I believe this to be my third PRP treatment, my eighth treatment in total.  It was the usual, “Hi, how are you doing?  You’re almost done.”  I also had him work on my back, because it has been driving me crazy.  That night I had a dream where I really used the full ROM of my hip. Frightened that I had gone too far, I slowly straightened out my leg in my dream and… there was no click.  I know this was only a dream, but I now realize that after every treatment I have had dreams where I make my hip go “clunk”.  This is the first time where I had a positive outcome.  Maybe this was my body telling me that I’m all better now, sure hope so.   I’ve been babying the hip for the past couple of days, definitely don’t want to test it out as it’s still healing and I want to let it knit. 

I asked the nurse about the possibility of undoing the healing by doing something like Oly lifting if the labrum hasn’t healed completely, and she said that it was more than likely to happen.  So if I want to get back to Oly lifting (and I do) I need to wait until I can do everything with my hip without it clicking.  I pray to God that I’m done with this, that I can get back to not worrying about using my hip too much.  If there is still some catching going on after this treatment, after moving down to Durham I’m going to start looking into Power lifting.  I can go slow in powerlifting, and I don’t think I have to break 90 degrees in squatting (wow I miss being able to hit full depth) so that will lessen any chances of worsening the tear.

Hopefully though, I won’t have to worry about it because in like two weeks I will be completely healed.  I know I sound like a broken record with regards to this, and that is starting to annoy me.  This process is such a waiting game, but after each session I notice significant improvement, so I really can’t complain.  Each time I think I’m like 98% close to being completely healed, and then after the treatment I realize that I had much, much farther to go because I was in a worse situation then I realized.  Hopefully, this time I really was 98% done and will be completely healed after this.

No comments: