Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Necessity is the Mother of invention


Ok, well I’m now living in Durham, and am anxiously awaiting finding a gym to use.  I think I’ll try Crossfit Durham’s barbell seminar, but I don’t think they actually have anything to offer through the barbell club.  It’s kind of strange, like they don’t actually have a barbell club going on, will do more research.

Another option for a place to workout is the Duke activity center.  I’m sure it’s huge, hell it even has bumper plates and platforms for Oly lifting.  However, I can’t get access to it until Labor day (SUCKS!)

So that leaves my apartment’s fitness center.  Not very impressive.  Some dumb bells- up to 50#s!- machines, and treadmills. Not a whole lot to work with.

Yesterday I worked out, did some back and hammy work.  Did some db deadlifts with the 50s, really focused on keeping a tight core and proper form.  Did a little speed work as well, focusing on a fast concentric motion. Think I might be ready for some dumbbell cleans and presses, maybe some thrusters.  This will be interesting to see what I can do.

The hip again feels… normal.  Normal in a way it hasn’t felt in years.  I would be totally ready to try out stuff that has made it clunk in the past, except for the fact that when I was in bed and laid down I could have sworn I felt it catch.  Sigh.  So it seems that I might not be at 100% yet.  However, I really haven’t felt any pain, and that has been the most important aspect of all of this.  However, if I want to get back to Oly lifting Doc said I need to have this labrum healed 100%, and so that’s not going to happen yet.  It’s a strange place: I want to test out the hip, but am afraid that if I do it will disrupt the labrum and set me back. Oh what a quandary.  Like I really want to test it out, but if it makes any catching feel I will instantly regret it.

Now if only I could find some real equipment to work out with.  Time to get whimsical.

No comments: