Wednesday, February 29, 2012

update on everything not hip

So it's been 4-5 months since I've done a crossfit workout, and let me tell you with Christmas my diet went to shit.  However, with all of these things it hasn't been too bad.  I've gained about 3 pounds, and people are commenting how I don't look as bulky.  ...Shirts don't seem to be as tight-fighting as they used to be.  Probably the saddest thing to me was when the fiancee commented that my glutes seem to have gotten smaller.

I cannot wait to get back into lifting weights. I'm starting to feel really weak, and bicep curls really can't replace squatting.  ...Speaking of, I've started doing some isolation exercises like bicep curls.  It's very non-crossfit, but it's pretty much all I can do, and I need to do something to try to keep up my strength. I can't do anything kipping, and even getting into positions like a handstand pushup test the current flexibility of my hip (it's still swollen from the treatments).  All I really feel comfortable with is sitting and standing.  Weak I know, but I just don't want to push it and ruin all the magical work my body has done in repairing the labrum.

It brings me back to days of college, back when I was a gym rat with no core strength whatsoever.  This time things are different, I know so much more.

No comments: