Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Getting into wedding shape.

I just recently turned 32, and to celebrate my fiancee surprised me
with a trip to NYC to meet up with my best friend and cousin who live
there.  The whole time we walked through SoHo and other neighborhoods,
and the whole time I didn't feel any pain in my hip.  It was awesome,
I didn't even notice I wasn't in pain until late Sunday.  I've also
noticed that little movements that used to make my hip click no longer
do so.  Perhaps the labrum is healing so the tear is smaller allowing
greater range of motion?  If so that is completely awesome.
 
When I make a full recovery, I am going to celebrate by going to NYC
and staying a week with Allan (my best friend).  During my stay I
learned that he wants to lose some fat in time for my wedding so he'll
look good in pictures (he's my best man).  He lives very close to
Crossfit Virtuosity, a box that I have mucho respect for.  The idea is
that during that week I'm there we will work out together at crossfit
virtuosity.  Allan is having a tough time breaking the seal and going
to a gym, so the idea is I'll help break through that inertia of
sitting still and get him back on track.  There are a couple of
logistical issues I have because I imagine the ramp up with Crossfit
virtuosity is slow and my be only three times a week or even less.
However, I'll email the owner as the date approaches and we'll figure
something out to try to make the most of my visit.
 
This is all exciting news, really am hoping I'll be pain free in like
2 months or less.

No comments: