Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Complication with the Pectineus??

Saw the Chiropractor the other day.  I haven't seen her for a while
because I am already spending so much money on the prolotherpy, but my
back was killing me for a couple of days so I figured I should see
her.  Another reason I haven't been seeing Dr. Mary, is because Dr.
Hauser said that I can't have the chiro manipulate the hip (would
increase the instability of the joint).  However, Dr. Mary uses the non-force technique 
which doesn't cause any cracking or anything.
 
When I saw her she first noticed that my pelvis was twisted.  This
doesn't really surprise me since my hip was so locked up after the
first treatment I wasn't walking very symmetrically for quite a while.
 I decided to let her fix that since 1) it was really causing some
occasionally debilitating pain and 2) the DNFT system is so freaking
light I can't imagine it making the joint unstable.  She also noticed
that there was something off with my pectineus.  This is interesting 
because it feels like exactly where I'm experiencing some
of the pain since I pulled my groin back in August.  Perhaps there is
still some lingering issue with this muscle, this could be where I
hurt myself and thought it was a sports hernia.  I am going to see
Bobby the massage therapist Thursday and I will make sure to ask him
to see if there is anything off with it.  Of course the
pain/discomfort in the pectinieus could be from the prolotherapy.
 
This issue is so darn complicated it could be anything, so I need to
figure out what it could be and then through process of elimination
figure out what it's not.  So my next step is to figure out how to
tell if the pectineus is damaged.  Hopefully Bobby will be able to
tell, and if not, well, I guess I might need to see the Orthopod
again.

No comments: