Thursday, December 29, 2011

Almost a week now

It's been six days since I had my first treatment, and the hip is starting to feel much more normal, which is nice, but it also has me worried that nothing has changed.  It still feels... different, but I can tell that my psoas is still really tight.  However, a tight psoas doesn't really mean that much because it was tight before the treatment, and there's not much reason why it still shouldn't be tight.

I guess I'm concerned that all the cracking and clicking my hip has done means that whatever help the treatment provided as been has been undone or greatly lessened.  Dr. Hauser said I should not manipulate the hip, and to avoid doing anything that makes it click.  Well, you can't put your hip in a sling, and every crack and click has been the result of doing something exceedingly normal, like walking around a corner or putting on my pants.  I use my hip all the time, it's something I can't avoid.  I just hope progress is being made.

I am about to go see Bobby for some work on the psoas, I'm looking forward to getting some feedback from him, as well as the hope that my psoas won't tighten up immediately after getting up off the table.  This should be very interesting...

Will have the update later today.

No comments: