Saturday, October 30, 2010

Workout on Thursday

So the Bronchitis is lessening, and I'm just itching for getting back in the gym. On Thursday I go in and the wod is:

1000m row
1 pull up
1 burbee
2 pull ups
2 burbees
...
...
8 pull ups
8 burbees
...
...
1 pull up
1 burbee
1000m run

Time was something like 28:23. I had absolutely no problem with the pull ups, after teaching the pull up the other week I feel much more solid in my pull up technique. Burbees are never fun, but they really winded me. ...For that matter, I really felt winded the whole time, when I was running the last 1000m I felt a pain in my chest that was really sharp, so I walked most of it. Although the Bronchitis is better, it's still there and I shouldn't push myself too hard.

However, I think I rushed coming back to Crossfit. I just feel so weird not working out, I needed this psychologically, but it seems like I still needed rest physically. For the rest of the day I just felt exhausted, more than I have for the past couple of days. Unfortunately I think fighting off this infection is taking more out of me than I realize. I just don't want to be totally out of shape when I show up for the Mid-Atlantic Hopper Challenge. On the other hand, I want to get completely over this thing, I don't want it to linger for weeks on end. Ugh, being sick sucks.

No comments: