Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Getting "yoked"


So I’m progressing nicely with all these strange exercises the PT guy is having me do.  Soon, perhaps next week, we will be going from these funky isolation exercises that have no real-life value, to doing exercises that will translate to the real world. In other words, I will be going from doing exercises lying down on the ground to exercises performed while standing up.

Also, I met up with some of the wife’s classmates the other day. They haven’t seen me since before winter break and as I walked in wearing a jacket they were amazed at how “jacked” and “yoked” I was.  Guess despite the fact that I can’t do any real work (aka, squats and deadlifts) in the gym I can still see some small progress with the upper body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing post . It does apply to me a lot since I'm also going through the same kinds of symptoms which include groin pain and pain in the lower back . I may be having a slight impingement since my X-rays caught a slight bump on my femur but my MRI after two years from the X-ray taken seemed to be clear. I know Si joint is off after giving birth to my baby which is common among pregnant and new moms and this can cause groin pain as well. Currently I'm under pt and I have found my psoas to be really tight and also my hip flexor s so I completely agree that it is not alone the bony abnormality that causes impingement , pain or discomfort but tight hip muscles can throw the entire body out of alignment . My hips are really weak and I'm doing exercises for strengthening them . I hope these help I'm just three weeks into pt and I know I'm progressing . Also massage and lot of foam rolling can release some of those tight hip flexors.
I'm really scared of surgery or rather scared of the unknown . So for me definitely I will try everything under the sun before letting myself being cut open .