Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good news on the neck, meh news on the hip.

I apologize for the long time between posts, but jodi's story has garnered so much attention that I thought to leave it as the top post for a while.

So it's been about two weeks since my last prolo treatment with Dr. Hauser, and I am feeling much better.  I almost made it a week without cracking my neck, but even after I "broke the seal" I've been doing a really good job of not cracking my neck again. Everytime I catch myself cocking my neck to the side in order to crack it I catch myself and then do some self trigger point massage with a lacrosse ball or a really small foam ball.  That seems to lessen the need.

As the swelling goes down, the instability has crept back in a little, but it much better than before.  I'm really responding well to this, and sleeping with the neck brace seems to have really helped out with
the recovery.

I saw the Chiropracter the other week, and I told her about Dr. Hauser's theory that the issue was with my C6-C7 and not my shoulder.  She went back and looked at my records, and pretty much every time I visited I had issues with either my C6, C7, or both.  So it seems like Dr. Hauser was right after all.  Hopefully I need only one or two more sessions and this'll be fixed and I won't be in pain anymore.

Concerning my hip: it is definitely getting better.  Each time I raise my knee to put on a shoe, or get into the car, or go up a flight of stairs I have this moment of hesitation where I brace myself for that dreaded click.  That click that means my labrum is still torn, that I'm not 100%.  But it never comes.  I am not going to test it out, because that would be just silly.  I really need to just be patient and treat it as if it is still torn, let the Dr. check it out and see what he thinks.

So I've been wondering about what happens once the labrum is totally repaired.  At first I thought that I could go full throttle once I don't need any more sessions.  But I emailed caring medical and they said that it will actually take some time to re-acclimate the hip to a full range of motion.  So that means I'm going to have a timetable of when I can do what.  I don't have that timetable yet, I hopefully will when I see the doctor next Friday.

No comments: