Saturday, January 7, 2012

"can't put your hip in a sling"

So with this prolotherapy I'm supposed to keep my hip from cracking or clicking.  Problem is, I use my hip all the time.  I've figured out a way to get out of bed that greatly reduces my chance of a click, but if I raise my knee to my chest just a little too much I get to hear a "click".  ...I've also figured out ways to put on my pants and shoes that do not involve flexion of the hip, but there are still times when I accidentally raise my foot just a little too much.  Hell, now I even go up the stairs by only stepping up with my left leg and then bringing my right to meet it.

Even with all these precautions, I'm afraid that I've done too much to really allow the hip to heal.  However, the clicks do feel less... substantial(?) then before the treatment. So I'll take that as good news.

I'm going to see Dr. Hauser this Friday for another treatment and  check-up.  I no longer have the nervousness since I know what to expect, am just excited to get closer to having a completely healed labrum.  Let's hope this all works.

No comments: