Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

Well, I've been out of town for two weeks with a mother of a cold and was in Dallas/Home for Christmas, so it's been two weeks and I only worked out once (and got light-headed). Back in the Gym today and it felt great, except that I left the workout feeling I could have pushed myself harder. Really got to learn how to suck it up and just do it.

5 rounds
5 Push jerk (at 135#)
10 Box Jumps

Time was 4:29, but I need to get better at pushing myself through box jumps. For the first two sets I was all plyometric and just bouncing on and off perfectly, but then I hit a serious wall and was worried about it affecting my push jerk (I really want to not lean back with that exercise).

Hacked up a lung afterward, felt better after that.

Also posted some flyers for my class, listing what I'm doing for the month. Hope this helps, and thanks to Erin for the idea.

No comments: