Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trying out a cleanse. Bleh.

So today I’m starting a 48 hour cleanse.  God I feel just saying that revokes my man card.  My fiancée saw this Dr. Oz cleanse and wanted to do it, and being the supportive spouse to be I decided to give it a try.  I am so skeptical of this. First of all it’s by Dr. Oz, who is so full of crap if anyone ever needed to do a cleanse it’s him.  Second, I feel like it’s a bunch of hippie crap that does nothing but make you hungry and lose muscle.  However, I saw on facebook the other day that my old coach Jerry Hill is trying a three day cleanse, the kind where he does nothing but drink lemon, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup.  He mentioned he was doing it to give the digestive tract a break and to allow it to heal.  That makes sense to me, and this thing by Dr. Oz at least allows some consumption of protein.

I guess the reason why I’m most weary of it is because it’s change, and I don’t like change to my routine.  I very much enjoy eating the same thing every day.  It makes me fast at what I do because I know what I’m doing, and I’ve honed it down to healthy stuff.

So I’ve gotten over my initial bristling of the idea of doing a cleanse, and am trying it out.  I’ve always tried to be open minded and be willing to try anything at least once.  Hell it’s this willingness to go against the traditional that has allowed me to heal my torn labrum without surgery.

So today it begins.  With Quinoa and prunes.  Oooh boy oh boy.

No comments: