Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Paleo for reals now

So with Thanksgiving I was gone for basically a week, during which I only xfitted twice (got to do Randy: 7:23) and had very, very poor diet. I am a little sad to say that this put me in a bit of a funk in a time when I should be happy, but it's hard to stay paleo when you're living in a house that is very pro grains and dairy.

So it's the holiday season, and while everyone expects to get a little fatter my plan is to start losing some and really eat paleo. I eat very close to paleo, but I still have some sprinkles of cheese in my salad, stuff like that. Guess it's more primal really. Anyways, I found out that there's this company, Catalyst Meals, that makes paleo meals, lunch and dinner, for you. I ordered a weeks worth of lunches and dinners, and picked them up over at Trident Crossfit (currently their only drop off location) on Monday. I've already started the process in trying to get them to make Old Town a drop off location as well.

So far I've had two days worth of meals, and I'm quite happy with them. I'd say the biggest difference I've noticed is the portion size. They say they start with four blocks of protein and go from there. Although they aren't truly zone, they try to approximate it. They seem a bit smaller than what I'm used to, but it makes me wonder if I've been over eating. I measure out my food, I really do, but their meals just seem smaller. Although they are smaller, I still find them filling, but it really requires me to get my snacks in.

Will continue to update as this goes along.

No comments: