Friday, January 31, 2014

Post Prolo: First Day of Exercise

So it’s been two weeks since I saw Dr. Fullerton and I’m now able to do really low-impact stuff. For example, I can now walk on a treadmill for 10 minutes!!!!!! Sad as that is, I’m happy to be out doing something. …I’m also a little surprised how winded I get walking on a 3% grade incline.  As I understand it, if I feel good from today’s work then I can do 15 minutes 

We will see how it goes.  In another two weeks I will be able to do some type of resistance training. I’m already trying to plan out some stuff and when I have it all figured out I’ll post the protocol here for all to enjoy.  I’ve reached out to my friend/trainer/pt guy in IL who programmed my rehab for my hip in the hopes that he’ll do it again. If he does this will be amazing because his understanding of the body is amazing.  Here's the latest entry for the Vlog:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is this going? Any updates on whether prolo is working for your hip(s)?

Adam said...

Everything is progressing. It's slow going (thus the lack of a new blog post) but I'll make a new one tonight. I would say it is definitely helping my hips because the week after the treatment I had no pain whatsoever. As the acute inflammation died down the pains started to return, but not to the same degree. So the aches are there, but not as bad as they were before. I imagine I will make more progress after the second treatment.