Saturday, June 15, 2013

MRI Results

Well, looks like I have a tear in the back of the labrum in my left shoulder.  ...Having a tear in the back is fairly rare, but I think I know the exact moment of when it happened.  I was on the wrestling team in high school, and during practice I was slammed into the mat, shoulder first, so hard that I cracked my collar bone.  Upon that impact, the head of the humerus slammed into the labrum and caused the tear/damage.

It's not that severe, and obviously I can do a lot with it. I just have super tight muscles that hurt sometimes.  I don't think surgery is really a good option, so I'm going to try to do some physical therapy and then if that doesn't help maybe do some prolo.  It's a hassle since Dr. Hauser lives in Chicago and I am moving to Dallas, but I will be going back up there for the wife's family.

It's late so I'm not going to review the path that led me to this place, I'll do that tomorrow, but it is really, really nice to finally have an answer for everything. Now hopefully I can do something about it.

No comments: