Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Starting Strength check in


Well, everything is going along smoothly and quietly since I have been squatting less weight. Since I began the starting strength (SS) program eight weeks ago (am currently on my ninth week) I have not missed a single day. I’ve also been eating a lot more, trying to get 200+g of whole protein supplemented with about 60g of protein in shake form taken in on lifting days. I’ve also started eating a lot more carbs on lifting days, things like gluten free pie and two or three sweet potatoes are now becoming the norm. I also find myself not as paleo on lifting days, allowing myself a double hamburger if the option presents itself. I also find myself having frozen yogurt on occasion, although I think I’m over that phase now.

Been trying to figure out a workout program now that I’m doing 531 with the press but everything else is still SS. Talked to Ryan at crossfit Durham and he came up with this for me:

Monday
SS Squat
SS Bench
Pull-ups

Wednesday
SS Squat
Incline DB Press 5 x 10
SS DL

Friday
SS Squat
531 Press
Kroc Rows

Appreciate it bro.  Since I’ve started I’ve put on almost 10 pounds. I’m not sure if I’ve stopped gaining weight or not, I guess I should start weighing myself every day to see what is going on.  Honestly I’d be happy if I could put on another 20# if it was all muscle.  Not sure if I can do that, eating is starting to take over my life, but I guess if I want it I’ll find a way.  I mean, I could eat 5# of steak a day, but at this point I would be literally eating myself out of house and home. So I’m trying to figure out cheap, easy ways to eat clean food. Seems like that’s a recipe for Chicken in all shapes and forms.  My wife has also come across a fantastic Shepard’s pie recipe, and it is totally awesome I could eat it all day everyday if I could.

But nothing really noteworthy is going on, back/shoulder is still bugging me, my hip is still not at 100%, but  I’m still getting stronger.

No comments: