Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hip/Shoulder report: Things looking up still.


Almost forgot.  The other weekend I was back in Chicago and got to see Bobby again.  As he went through my hip flexors he said things were tight but they weren’t tight like they were protecting something.  My chest/shoulder used to be so tight Bobby had to work on my left pec for over 30 minutes.  Now it releases without any real problem.  Yay for simple shoulder help.  Obviously this is good news, seems that my hip is in much better condition, tons better than what it was like a year ago.  Honestly it’s hard to remember how painful it used to be, not that I’m complaining.  I still feel occasional pains in my hip, there are certain movements, usually ones that involve hip adduction, that send a slight shock of pain through my leg, but again nothing to what it used to be.  If needed I can put up with this with the rest of my life no problem.  However, I still think I have room to improve, that I can one day move my hip around without the concern of it catching and clunking, especially since I think I’ve learned the issue is dealing with a different tear associated with internal rotation.

When the wife finishes this semester of school we are probably going to drive back up to Chicago to stay at her parent’s house for winter break.  The plan is while I’m there I’ll see Dr. Hauser at least once (spend the last of my FSA money, and then with the new year the FSA account will be refilled), and then see Bobby one more time.  Hopefully this works.  If not, well, we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

No comments: