Friday, November 25, 2016

PRP treatment for the back and hip: Lat, Serratus Anterior, Iliacus, and Rectus Femoris

Alright well I'm feeling pretty good about what just got treated over at proloaustin.  Dr. Fullerton had me flex my back, noticed some atrophy on the left (painful) side, injected some suspected points of injury with numbing agent, and had me flex again.  The difference was pretty substantial, as shown in the pictures.  The pain went away and I felt the muscles in my upper back relax.  Nerve blocking, as I believe it's called, is quite the diagnostic technique.

So he addressed the serratus and perhaps some of the rhomboid or lower trap. What he treated was very substantial, and it felt like this is what is is causing the remaining discomfort I'm feeling.  I don't know if I'll need a second treatment of this area, but this area definitely needed to be treated, so I feel good about that.

With the hip, I showed Dr. Fullerton the exercise that I performed that caused all the damage to my hip.  That proved to be really helpful, and so he wanted to check out my hip flexors.  The psoas actually seemed to be in good shape, but the iliacus was a different story. He also found some lingering damage with the rectus femoris.  I think the iliacus was the last piece of the puzzle as well.

I feel really good, feel really hopeful right now.

No comments: