Sunday, March 23, 2014

Second Prolo Treatment for Shoulder/Back

So Yesterday was my second visit with Dr. Fullerton. When I saw him he had me perform the same functional tests as last time, but this time I was able to pass a couple of the tests! Progress has been made! I Still have a pit in my left hip capsule, and there was still a lot of work to be done on my back.

In fact, more issues were found with my back muscles than last time. I don’t know if it was crossfit or
Band-aids where I got
poked. Also, I feel like
 my back is  really
asymmetrical
high school wrestling, but something really messed me up. Thankfully, Doc keeps searching so that’s why he keeps finding things. I am very impressed with his thoroughness. They call this the “old couch new carpet” problem. When you get new carpet (fix one issue) you suddenly notice what you once thought was a perfectly good couch (some other body part) isn’t actually all that great (there’s an issue/pain).

 After he addressed issues with my back muscles the first time others issues became apparent. I didn’t really notice the pains just standing around, but when he poked and prodded me there were definite spots of tenderness that weren’t there before. Leaving the office, I was actually feeling pretty good. I felt stiff as all get out, and I definitely didn’t feel normal, but I have felt worse. I chalk it up to taking a Tylenol 3 with codine beforehand.

 At the end I commented about how Dr. Fullerton hadn’t addressed my labrum yet, and he said that he didn’t treat my labrum last time, and wasn’t planning on doing so since it didn’t seem to be causing me issues, combined with the fact that the tech report on my MRI was a little wishy-washy. I felt a little hesitant about this, but I’m not really in the position to boss a doctor around, especially while on painkillers.

Because he addressed so many muscles/points around my spine, both lower and upper back, I feel pretty stiff while typing this. I can’t really lean over to get anything, and even standing causes some issues. Thankfully I have a wonderful wife who is helping me out while I lay on the couch with a heat pad on my back as I watch the NCAA tournament. It could be worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your assessment that your back is assymetrical is spot on. Looks like you are stuck in a Left AIC Pattern. Looks like your left ilium is possibly rotated anterior and your right shoulder is sitting low. A rotated iluim can cause or greatly exacerbate hip issues. Read up on the Postural Restoration Institute for a explantion of the Left AIC Pattern, cause it sure looks like you have that left hip right shoulder cross pattern going on. Good look with the prp & prolo

Adam said...

I do plan on going back to see the rolfer here in dallas, but my plan is to see him once I'm done with all this PRP. I figure seeing a rolfer while my body is changing won't be as effective as seeing one after all of my muscles/ligaments/cartilage have healed.