Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paleo diet = awesome

I've been pretty strict paleo for over three months now, and every time I run into some one who I haven't seen for a while comments that I've lost weight. I really am trying my best to eat as healthy as possible. I don't try to be "paleo" in the technical sense and use agave nectar and lots of honey. I don't use sugar or sugary foods, and I try to get some healthy fats (n-3) as well. Here's a pic of a couple days worth of food for me, protein powder, almond milk, fruits, nut butters, and meat.

I've tried hard to maintain/gain some muscle, and it seems like I'm still losing fat, but to be honest I feel like I'm also getting more muscle as well. I was walking around my apt, and I looked over and saw this:

It's hard to believe that's me, that I'm getting closer and closer to what I want to look like. I'm going to be leaving Alexandria and CFOT soon, and it makes me very, very sad to leave. However, I am so very, very glad that I am leaving on such a fantastic note, where I can feel satisfied. I would almost say I've reached my goal, and this is a goal I've had since I was in elementary school.

I still feel like I have a ways to go, but it's not too much farther, and wow I am starting to impress myself. This really proves the premise that physique is a product of diet. I've been crossfitting for years now, but by far each improvement in how I look has been the result of me stepping up on my diet, from Zone to paleo to paleo + protein powder. Now I just need to figure out what to do to improve my performance as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd grate my salad cheese on that. That was a euphamism.

Adam said...

Cheese isn't paleo.

MarkD said...

Row or d/u tabata Intervals. That is the one thing that helps my performance. But they are miserable.