Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Abs are starting to catch up

So Monday was deadlift day, so I was excited to work on keeping my abs tight. I was able to get 365 twice at the hopper with horrible, horrible form. Since then, I've backed down and worked on form over weight. With the new requirement of keeping tight abs, the weight I could pull plummeted down to like 250. However, my abs have been responding well to the new stress. Monday I started to feel a lot better about the lift, and managed to get back up to 335. So in one respect this is a new PR if you seperate bad form lifts from good form lifts. In any case, now that I seem to be successfully relearning the lift, the sky's the limit.

I'm a bit surprised that I still see improvement physique-wise: I've been moving this past week and the lack of proper cooking utnesils has left me eating non-zone and non-paleo for a while, and yet I still recieve compliements on losing weight. ...That reminds me, I should check out my weight just to see if I actually am losing weight, or if the fat's just turning into muscle.

No comments: