Friday, March 23, 2012

Labrum not yet 100%

So of course the day after I write about how my hip has not clicked at all it of course clicked when I was taking off my shoe.  Then the next day it clicks when I put on my jeans.  ...I was hopeful that it would only take 4 treatments, but it seems more likely it will take at least 5 treatments.  Who knows though maybe the labrum is sooooo close to being completely healed that the fourth treatment really is all I need (although the majority of healing takes place in the first two weeks, the body actually continues healing for about six weeks).

It's a bit of a test of faith now.  Doubt is starting to creep in a little, I start to wonder if my fear of never being 100% will become reality.  But I have to look at the past, after each treatment my hip gets better, and better, and better.  So I'm consistently getting better, there's really not much to doubt.

I guess it all comes down to being patient, winning at the waiting game.  I started this treatment in late december, it's been three months and I can tell the labrum has healed considerably.  I saw Bobby yesterday and he said my psoas was pretty much normal, a great sign.  Although my hip has clicked, indicating that there is still a labrum tear, the muscles around my hip (especially my psoas and pectinius) have not felt the need to be as tight (and painful) as they used to be.  I just have to keep reminding myself that things are getting better, I just need to be patient.  I've been looking for a complete recovery for over five years, a couple more months is just a blink of the eye.

No comments: