Friday, July 1, 2011

Clean and Jerk in Oly class

My hammies were still not quite right from Murph, but I managed a 90kg clean and jerk. That's about 198#, I then tried 208 #, went for a proper clean (not a power clean), and had to really force my way up the squat. That, in turn, gassed out my legs for the drive in the clean. Had a very half-assed attempt, and bailed.

The next step is to try to learn how to bounce out of the bottom of the squat.

In late August Crossfit Rise is going to host a Mid-American Weightlifting Championship & Roger DeGarmo Memorial meet. This is a sanctioned USA Weightlifting meet, and their oly lifting coach has a program for us leading up to the meet. This is kind of a dream come true for me right now, I get to Oly lift while still being in a crossfit gym.

There is only one thing that would keep me from doing the training for the meet instead of the crossfit WODs, but I'll talk about that tomorrow.

No comments: